Digital League Competitions
A full explanation of the Rules can be found in the Club Information Booklet.
GENERAL RULES FOR ALL COMPETITIONS
The competition organiser has discretion to exclude images if the total entry exceeds 80. He/she will use the members’ rankings on their file names to determine the images to leave out, namely image number 4 will be the first taken out then 3rd etc. There are no ranking for the Clash of Titans for which separate rules will apply. Two pictures that differ simply because of manipulation such as cropping, cloning and filtering should be deemed to be one image.
- The Digital League comprises the four competitions Reflex Cup, Invicta Cup, Victory Cup and Medway Cup.
- Up to 16 images may be entered in total, either colour or monochrome (4 from each competition). These may be re-entered in the subsequent year’s league subject to the rules of each competition.
- All images entered into the above competitions will be entered into the league irrespective of the number of images. An appraisal of the number of entries and scores at the end of the season will determine the winner.
- If there is a tie for either 1st, 2nd or 3rd place the ranking will be determined by the member with the highest number of entries gaining 20 points and if still equal then 19 points and so on.
- Images entered into a digital league competition may be entered into a print competition in the same season subject to the rules of that competition.
- Members entering this competition may have their images entered into the Novice Cup competition subject to eligibility as described in the Novice Cup Rules below.
Images entered into the digital league should follow the general digital competition rules as well as the rules specific to the digital league.
Digital Competition Rules:
Digital files should comply with the KCPA format. Currently this requires: –
- JPEG format file extension lower case: .jpg
- 1400 pixels wide X 1050 pixels high
- Titled as the following example – THE SKY AT NIGHT by Patrick Moore CPAGB x ( where x = a number 1, 2, 3, 4; according to your image preference)
- Colour space : sRGB
Digital League Rules:
- Up to four images per member, Colour or Monochrome.
- Any image that ranks 1st, 2nd or 3rd shall not be entered into any of the above competitions again.
- Any image entered into any one of the above competitions cannot be used again in the current year but may be used in one subsequent year.
- Entry into any one of these competitions will be as both an individual entry and part of the league.
- Images used in a digital competition may be used in a print competition subject to the rules of that competition.
If in doubt about any rules or regulations please contact the competition organiser for clarification.