Ken Hayward Memorial Cup
Digital projection competition
A full explanation of the rules can be found in the Information Booklet.
GENERAL RULES FOR ALL COMPETITIONS
The competition organiser has discretion to exclude images if the total entry exceeds 80. He/she will use the members’ rankings on their entry slips to determine the images to leave out, namely image number 4 will be the first taken out then 3rd etc. There are no ranking slips for the Clash of Titans for which separate rules will apply. Two pictures that differ simply because of manipulation such as cropping, cloning and filtering should be deemed to be one image.
Ken Hayward memorial Cup
- The subject is Flora and Fauna, ie Plants and Animals with no Latin names.
- The animals or plants must be the main item featured.
- Maximum of four DPI images per entry.
- Any image that ranks 1st, 2nd or 3rd shall not be entered into this competition again.
- Any image entered into this competition may be used again in one subsequent year.
- There are no restrictions on whether the images have been entered into other competitions in the current year and they are eligible for other competitions subject to the rules of those competitions.
Images entered into the Discovery Day Challenge should also follow the general digital competition rules below.
Digital Competition Rules:
Digital files should comply with the KCPA format. Currently this requires: –
- JPEG format File Extension Lower Case ie .jpg
- Maximum 1400 pixels wide x 1050 pixels high
- Titled as in the following example – THE SKY AT NIGHT by Patrick Moore CPAGB (note the title is in capital letters)
- Colour Space: sRGB
If in doubt about any rules or regulations please contact the competition organiser for clarification.