Annual Digital Competition
Round 3 of the Super League.
A full explanation of the rules can be found in the Reflex Handbook.
GENERAL RULES FOR ALL COMPETITIONS
The competition organiser has discretion to exclude images if the total entry exceeds 80. He/she will use the members’ rankings on their entry slips to determine the images to leave out, namely image number 4 will be the first taken out then 3rd etc. There are no ranking slips for the Clash of Titans for which separate rules will apply. Two pictures that differ simply because of manipulation such as cropping, cloning and filtering should be deemed to be one image.
- The Super League comprises the four competitions, John Amey Cup (Print), Cassar Cup (Print), Annual Digital (Digital), and the Carey Roberts Memorial Cup (Digital).
- Up to 16 images may be entered in total, either colour or monochrome (4 from each competition). These may be re-entered in the subsequent year’s league subject to the rules of each competition.
- All images entered into the above competitions will be entered into the Super league irrespective of the total number of images. An appraisement of the number of entries and scores at the end of the season will determine the winner.
- If there is a tie for either 1st, 2nd or 3rd place the ranking will be determined by the member with the highest number of entries gaining 20 points and if still equal then 19 points and so on.
- Images entered into a Super league competition may be entered into a digital competition in the same season subject to the rules of that competition.
Images entered into the Annual Digital Competition should follow the general digital competition rules as well as the rules specific to the Super League.
Digital Competition Rules:
Digital files should comply with the KCPA format. Currently this requires: –
- JPEG format file extension lower case – i.e. .jgp
- 1024 pixels wide X 768 pixels high
- Titled as the following example – THE SKY AT NIGHT by Patrick Moore CPAGB
- Colour space : sRGB
Super League Rules:
- Up to four images per member, Colour or Monochrome.
- Any image that ranks 1st, 2nd or 3rd shall not be entered into any one of the above competitions again.
- Any image entered into any one of the above competitions cannot be used again in the current year but may be used in one subsequent year.
- Entry in to any one of these competitions will be as an individual entry and part of the league.
- Images used in a print competition may be used in a digital competition subject to the rules of that competition.
If in doubt about any rules or regulations please contact the competition organiser for clarification.